top of page


How can you help?

Your help is needed to keep the mural clean and bright into the future! Most of all, donations are needed to help run school and community workshops and to maintain Scotland’s longest historic and heritage mural.  The planned maintenance programme will see the art team returning at least twice a year (more often if needed), which is likely to cost around £7,500 a year. 

Thank you to all of the local residents and others who have been so generous - see the homepage for details of the grant-making bodies and Trusts who have supported the Colinton Tunnel so far. Maintenance funding will continue to be requested from Trusts and corporate donors, but your help is also needed!

One way of helping is to buy the souvenir products in the online shop.  There is a small range of high quality hand-made products - jigsaws, colouring books, tea towels and gift cards, featuring selected images from the mural.  Buying them will help to maintain the mural as all profits from the sales go directly to the maintenance of the tunnel. 

Another way is to fill out the below form to donate. Alternatively to donate by cheque please send it to:  The Colinton Tunnel, 10 Allermuir Road, Edinburgh EH13 0HE.  Completing and returning the Gift Aid Declaration (click on the link), along with your cheque will add a further 25% to your donation.

Thank you for helping to make it happen!

Donate Now
Gift Aid

Using the Government’s Gift Aid scheme means that the overall value of your donation will be increased by 25%, at no cost to you. That means for every £1 you donate, The Colinton Tunnel will receive £1.25! If you would like to enhance the value of your gift, please tick the box below.

Gift Aid Declaration in favour of The Colinton Tunnel, Registered Charity SC048476. Please treat all gifts of money that I make now and in the future as Gift Aid donations, i.e. The Colinton Tunnel may reclaim tax on my donation. I am a UK taxpayer and I understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference.

Please notify The Colinton Tunnel if you:

  • Want to cancel this declaration

  • Change your name or home address

  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.


If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment Tax Return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.


Thank you for your donation!

bottom of page